TIPS FOR A FLAWLESS BEACH CEREMONY
- The optimal time for a beach ceremony is in the late afternoon, 90 minutes before sunset. This time frame is called the magic hour by photographers because they are able to capture the best quality of light. Make sure to schedule enough time before the cocktail hour to take photos with the bridal party and family members and capture the scenic background.
- Beach visitors who were not invited to the affair will mostly likely have left by this time.
- Make sure to inform guests in advance if the ceremony is going to take place on the beach and/or sand.
- Ensure guests comfort by providing a basket of flip flop sandals, a shoe-check, towels and fans. In warmer months make sure you have bottled water on hand to offer your guests.
- A refreshing welcome drink such as lemonade is always a nice gesture.
- If you are planning to have a standing ceremony, have a few chairs on hand for the elderly.
- Pashmina wraps in shades of your wedding colors make a thoughtful favor for the ladies, especially on those chilly days. The pashminas can be tied on the back of chairs or placed in a basket.
- Always have a plan B and monitor the local weather report and almanac. Invest in some umbrellas to keep on hand in case of a shower.
- Wind is an important factor to keep in mind. Ask your vendors to visit the site in advance so they are prepared for the load in, power source, and proper methods for securing equipment, especially a chuppah or arch that can be dangerous if blown over.
- If you plan to have the wedding program or wedding favors placed on the chairs, have another option in case it is too windy. River rocks make great paperweights.
- If windy, bobby pins are a great option for men to keep yarmukes in place.
- Instead of a candle lighting ceremony opt for a sand ceremony, which will also create a keepsake for the new home.
- Take advantage of the outdoor location by incorporating features such as a butterfly or dove release, sparklers or fireworks display for an explosive finale!
As with any event, it is important to communicate to the guests what they can expect so they are prepared in advance. Remember to accommodate all your guests to ensure that your loved ones have a good time and remember this special day for many years to come...Share