|South Florida Weddings|
ADD SOME SPARKLE TO YOUR TABLEFebruary 28, 2014
Brides looking to add some sparkle and sequins without spending too much on a linen should check out the new trend appearing on Pinterest which highlights a basic linen topped with a gold glitter table runner to add some pizazz!!
For the junior guestsFebruary 28, 2014
As you know you might well have a few family or friends with children – What to do? A really good idea would be to hire a full-service day care service who provides all the on-site needs, but the children attending can still have their own fun. Kids can eat, play and sleep with all the supervision required which means no cost to the attending parents – A Real Treat for your Friends & Family!
Cute Wedding IdeaFebruary 28, 2014
“Get with the program booklet” – this is a booklet which will not only tell the guests what is happening and where, but also introduce them to each of the very special bridal party members. The booklet can finish off with a funny Mr. & Mrs. style quiz on the newlyweds.
Wedding Color TrendsFebruary 28, 2014
The key when beginning the design of your wedding is to pick the correct palette – blue tones are making a big comeback. A timeless favorite is navy and gold. Gold disappeared for quite a while but has made a massive return in the recent years not only in weddings but fashion and interiors – another good choice is the softer paler tones in the blues.
A few Spring 2014 Wedding Color Fashions are: blue, green, orange, gray, sand colors and violet. Some trendy color combinations are mustard & teal, coral & fuchsia pink, dusty grey and pink, tones of pink and mint green & ivory.
Step into the World of Bridal BloggingMarch 26, 2012
Planning a wedding is an experience of a lifetime and blogging is an easy way to share that experience with your loved ones whether they are near or far.
Brides love the convenience of wedding blogs. They are a great way to keep your family and friends up to date with wedding plans and festivities. Wedding blogs can be used to post pictures of small details or a fun shopping day with your bridesmaids! You can even find ideas for your own wedding by following other wedding blogs. It is a great way to create your own keepsake that will last a lifetime! After the wedding process is complete, you will have a timeline of memories to cherish forever.
Here are a few blog sites that you can use to get started.
Join the Pinterest CommunityMarch 26, 2012
Pinterest is photo based website and smarphone application. It is a Virtual Pinboard. It allows users to organize and share all the latest and greatest ideas that you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and even find new recipes.
You can also browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new ideas and get inspiration from people who share your same interests. Brides are using Pinterest to find wedding ideas and to share them with the ones they love. This is a great app to have on your phone so you can show all of your vendors exactly what you envisioned.
To get started, request an invite.
Booking your dream honeymoon made easy!March 25, 2011
Here are a few tips to helping you plan a romantic and luxurious trip…
1. Create a honeymoon registry. Many travel agencies allow you to set up accounts where your guests can contribute money to your trip as a wedding gift. This can help make buying a gift easy for your guests and really upgrade your honeymoon experience.
2. Honeymoon close to home. You don't have to travel over seas to get to a tropical or luxurious destination. Instead opt for a nearby Leading Hotel of the World. www.lhw.com. This will give you the opportunity to indulge at a luxury resort without having to spend the money flying over seas.
3. Choose to travel to an offseason location. Decide on a destination or cruise whose itinerary is offseason. The Caribbean stays warm all year long and choosing to honeymoon during the off months could really help you beat the crowds and make it more romantic.
4. Consider all inclusive resorts. Don't spend your honeymoon keeping track of expenses and book an all inclusive trip. You can relax knowing that all your food, drinks, activities and more are taken care of.
5. Book your honeymoon online. There are many travel sites that allow you to book your flight and hotel stay at the same time for one price. These sites also allow broaden your search and give you alternative honeymoon destination ideas that you may never have thought of.
6. Vacation here with us at the Acqualina! Our honeymoon package is ideal for a new couple looking for an oceanfront getaway. Our honeymoon package includes: Daily Continental Breakfast for two by Il Mulino New York, A bottle of champagne, flower petals welcome night, A beachfront dinner for 2 and one 50 minute couples massage in the Private Spa Suite in ESPA.
Spring Forward!February 02, 2011
As spring time is nearly approaching here are some great ideas for your spring weddings…
Escort card holders are a fun and simple way of tying in the season to your wedding. For spring weddings name your tables after different types of flowers or grass, rather than just numbering them. Then take a pot or clear container for each table and fill it with flowers or wheatgrass. Place each persons name on a card attached to a wooden stick and place them inside the pot. This will get your guests into the spring feeling.
Spring is all about the bloom of flowers and greens. Instead of the typical wedding favor, why not keep the spring theme blooming and give away flower seeds. Many people are planting their gardens during this time and would really appreciate this favor, seeing as it helps the environment as well.
Spring time is also a great time for brides to step away from the traditional floral bouquets and centerpieces and opt for a more daring approach. Colors such as vibrant pinks, yellows and greens can be beautiful this time of year and flowers such as tulips, daffodils and anemones also go along with the spring season. Both can be wrapped with raffia ribbon to give it a natural look.
Another great way to get your guests involved while benefiting you as a new couple would be to create interactive centerpieces. Have small water pot shaped papers or boxes attached to a string where guests could write a special message to you that will help keep your “love growing”, have them hang these notes on your floral centerpieces or place them in a larger water pot where you can take the great advice home with you to read as a couple.
Four Tips to Create a Memorable Holiday Dinner CenterpieceDecember 08, 2010
Stir up your inner Martha Stewart skills just enough to put in a little time into preparing a lovely centerpiece without having to cramp your modern day gal style.
Tip #1: First things first, always work from the bottom up. Too often we get carried away with thoughts on our centerpiece, colors scheme, theme and details when then we realize…our table linens have been completely overlooked. Before this dooming nightmare become your reality, start with the basics. Choose your table linen and allow its color tone, texture and pattern to set the foundation for the rest of the table. Table linen is more than just a color, it sets the tone for the rest of the table décor. Consider layering it with a table runner for an extra hint of warmth.
Tip #2: For a simple, yet interesting centerpiece, just add cinnamon. Spruce up both new and old pillar candles by pasting cinnamon sticks along the sides with a hot glue gun. Start with a few candles of alternating heights. Add a dash of holiday festivity by adding a ribbon of your choice. To tie it all together, set your newly crafted candles on a brilliant serving tray. Include a selection of holly, pinecones, ornaments or holiday floras for a finishing touch.
Tip #3: For another timeless centerpiece idea, place a posh candle in a large glass vase. Add posh vase fillers such as colored diamond-shaped crystals, evergreen branches or sparkling holiday trimmings to add radiance to your tabletop. Lay the vase over holiday season leaves or in the center of an ornamental wreathe indicative to the season.
Tip #4: Tis’ the season to use crystal! When in doubt always remember the one rule of thumb, crystals and sparkle by candlelight is a secure recipe for an elegant and intimate ambiance.
For napkin folding 101, click here.
An Unforgettable Wedding FavorOctober 26, 2010
Tired of the usual wedding favors? Here is an idea that is a guaranteed conversation starter.
Use your big day as an opportunity to make a contribution to your favorite charities! Honor the charity organization of your choice by making a donation in the name of each wedding guest. Include your personal touch by designing a place card to explain to your guests why the charities you chose to make the donations are dear to the couple’s heart.
Click here to see a variety of these Charity Wedding Favors from real weddings across the US.
Having that “Special Effect!”January 22, 2010
Celebrate your extraordinary day with flare! Personalize your ceremony or reception by adding a few special effects that will wow your guests and put a smile on every face. The day will always be all about the bride and groom, but having a surprise (or two) up your sleeve for your guests is always a great way to celebrate a memorable event.
A Sparktacular Night
For an outside ceremony- Illuminate the night by arranging for a spectacular firework display to take place as the celebrated couple locks lips or while they make their exit as husband and wife. There are various styles of vibrant displays to choose from as well as various price ranges available. A gorgeous waterfall of white sparkles can be the backdrop of the first kiss or an elaborate presentation of the couple’s monogram can burst across the stars in various colors for the town to see.
For the reception- At the end of the famous best man speech have breathtaking sparkles exude from each centerpiece of each table or behind the cake while guests crowd around for the world-renown cake cutting picture.This is an affordable way for that element of surprise.
Light Up the Night
Lighting can be a great advantage as it can transform any space-indoor or outdoor. Hiring a lighting specialist can truly win you more bang for your buck. There are plenty of lighting styles such as LED Lighting, Up Lighting, Wall Washing, Gobo Lighting and Mood lighting. In learning more about these lighting techniques you may find exactly what you have been looking for!
Keep Your Cool
Incorporate ice cold effects with an ice bar. Ice bars are (ironically) one of the hottest items making their way into the fabulous world of weddings. Ice bars are available for both indoor and outdoor events and last for approximately 4 to 5 hours before its first drip. Definitely a conversation piece!
Display your premium brand bottles in a lush Ice Vase. An ice vase is a custom made vase made of ice made to keep your drinks chilled. Always a cool addition to the reception décor.
And of course…the ever famous ice slide. A great entertainment piece…Guests are delighted to watch the bartender prepare their tasty drinks as the bartender pours in the alcohol in one side of the ice sculpture and it makes its way through the sludge and into their glass. Guests sip….and ahhh…experience the satisfaction of their perfectly chilled drink.
There is plenty more where these special effects came from. The most important thing is to research, research, and…research some more. No matter who the couple, there is always a way to make the big day one to remember.
Unique Wedding Favor IdeasMay 12, 2009
To make your wedding be truly memorable for you and your guests, try to add a personal touch whenever possible. This is especially true for the wedding favor. A non meaningful favor usually does not make it home from the party, or gets thrown out soon after. To avoid a boring favor, select a common bond the couple shares as a theme. Guests will have fun trying to figure out its meaning!
1. Was the first date at a Chinese restaurant? Order wrapped fortune cookies dipped in chocolate with a personalized message.
2. If the couple met at a wine tasting, a heart shaped wine stopper, wine cork candles, or personalized mini wine split are a great favor.
3. If they both enjoy reading, create a personalized bookmark with a picture of the couple that says "a picture is worth a thousand words" or a love poem the two of you write together. Enjoy boardgames? Have a photo of the couple made into a puzzle.
4. For beach themed weddings, each guest can receive a mini message in a bottle - you can write a special message to each guest and include some sand in the bottle and a cork - it will become a keepsake and they will read the special note for years to come.
5. For destination weddings, give a local souvenir as the favor. Buy postcards of the location already stamped and tied with a ribbon. Humorous couples can choose a retro souvenir such as a key chain or shot glass. Luggage tags are always an appreciated item, and the guest will think of you every time they travel!
Wedding Planning Tips from AcqualinaMarch 02, 2009
From unique centerpiece ideas to ice breakers for your guests, Acqualina's resident wedding expert Susan Wesselhoft offers insight to make your wedding day a memorable one.
1. To add a cost efficient and earth friendly element to your wedding replace the traditional fresh floral centerpieces with potted plants or flowers such as orchids, in an attractive pot. After the event they can then be planted to create a symbolic garden where your days memories can live on and grow.
2. At a rehearsal dinner, many guests are meeting each other for the first time. As an ice breaker create a short 10 question quiz on the bride and groom for everyone to fill out and see how much they know about the couple. These can be read later during dessert for a fun game everyone can participate in.
3. For a favor that doubles as a seating place card, small frames are a great gift. Set on each table the guests names can be printed on a card and in the frame to designate where they will sit. Use paper and frames to match the style theme and colors of the wedding. Have the photographer try to take a picture of the wedding couple with every guest. As a thank you, mail the photo to each guest to place in their frame as a keepsake.
4. Beach weddings can be beautiful, but sometimes even on the most gorgeous day wind can be an issue. Make sure the venue provides clips for the table linens, and paper weights such as river rocks to place on top of the menus, seating cards and cocktail napkins. If a chuppah or arch is constructed for the ceremony, make sure the florist secures it with sand bags and wires to prevent it from blowing over.