|Local Activities in South Florida|
Because of its prime location in Sunny Isles Beach, right in the heart of South Florida, Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a family resort that offers exceptional access to the sites, attractions, and activities to further enhance your Miami Beach getaway. Besides a vast array of luxurious experiences to be had on property, guests and families can also enjoy the pleasures of the surrounding South Florida area. All activities can be coordinated through the Concierge.
Acqualina guests enjoy tennis privileges at the nearby Diplomat resort in Hollywood, Florida - one of Tennis Magazine’s “Top 50″ tennis resorts in the world.
Within a 15 mile radius, there are five world-class and championship-level golf courses where Miami Beach vacationers are welcome to hit the links:
- The Diplomat Country Club - designed by Joe Lee, this 155-acre course features exceptional architecture, carts equipped with the ParView GPS system, electronic food and beverage ordering, and much more. The Diplomat Country Club Golf Course is the only “five star” course in the South Florida area.
- The Club at Emerald Hills - Home to the Doral Championship and a qualifying round for The Honda Classic, The Club at Emerald Hills is a challenging course that is still incredibly enjoyable for golfers of all levels.
- Turnberry Isle Golf - located incredibly close to the resort, Turnberry Isle is the ideal golf spot for Acqualina guests wishing to play a quick round, hit the driving range, or work on their putting game.
- Miami Beach Golf Club - the perfect mix of sun, sand, and swing, the Miami Beach Golf Club is one of South Florida’s most recognized and most playable courses. Make a day of it by stopping at nearby Lincoln Road for breakfast or lunch before play.
- Hillcrest Golf Club - beginners and novices both love this friendly, welcoming course. There is no minimum handicap, an open driving range, and twilight pricing for those wishing to just take on a few holes rather than an entire round.
Watersports & Beach Activities
Acqualina truly boasts one of the best beaches in all of South Florida, and that goes beyond just lazy days in the sand. Just a five minute walk from the resort, La Dolce Vita Beach Services provides guests the opportunity to enjoy personal watercraft rentals and tours, banana boat rides, parasailing, ocean kayaking, sportfishing, snorkeling, and more.
Who can resist the allure of South Florida’s world-famous shopping? Certainly not Acqualina guests. Our Concierge is happy to arrange transportation to the Bal Harbour Shops, Aventura Mall, and Lincoln Road Mall upon request.
Arts, History & Nature
The culture of South Florida is a unique mosaic unlike anywhere else in the world, and Acqualina is more than pleased to be the gateway to such unique cultural experiences as:
- The world-renowned South Beach, Ocean Drive, and the Art Deco District
- Miami Beach Botanical Gardens
- Bass Museum of Art
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden
- Miami’s Design District
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- The Miami Arscht Center for the Performing Arts
- Coconut Grove’s Cocowalk area
- The Miami Seaquarium
- Jungle Island
- Miami Metrozoo
- Miami Children’s Museum
- Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
For more information about any of these destinations, or to arrange transportation to and from the resort, please consult the Concierge staff.
Sports & Entertainment
South Florida offers approximately 255 days of sunshine a year - no wonder it’s so popular for sports and other exciting diversions. When staying at Acqualina, guests are incredibly close to some of the best sports and entertainment venues in the State. We’re more than happy to arrange transportation to such destinations as:
- American Airlines Arena - home to the NBA Miami Heat and one of the city’s hottest concert venues
- The Bank Atlantic Center - home to the NHL Florida Panthers and Ft. Lauderdale’s premier concert venue
- Land Shark Stadium - home to the NFL Miami Dolphins, the MLB Florida Marlins, nine Super Bowls, and numerous concerts and events
- Las Olas Riverfront - restaurants, dancing, music, it’s all in one hot Ft. Lauderdale location… located right alongside downtown Ft. Lauderdale
- Beachplace - when the sun goes down, Ft. Lauderdale beach starts to really sizzle. Comedy clubs, dance clubs, cocktail bars, and a movie theatre all entreat guests to get up close and personal with Ft. Lauderdale nightlife.
- Miami Beach - the glitter and glamour of South Beach takes on many forms… from energetic salsa clubs to intimate wine bars to rooftop lounges Miami Beach is an indulgence for all the senses. Ocean Drive, Washington Avenue, Espanola Way, Collins Avenue, Lincoln Road, the SoFi district - they’re all worth more than just one night of enjoyment