By Kim Cooke, Acqualina’s Spa Therapy Manager
Food to set the mood…Those of you who read my blogs know that I am into green smoothies. When I was researching a recipe for romance I thought about chocolate with strawberries a glass of champagne but that is too common. I thought why not a chocolate smoothie and I found a recipe from David Wolfe who is my raw food guru. He has a romantic creation called Chocolate Vanilla Bean Dream. Try this recipe and see how you like it.
Into your VitaMix add the dry ingredients first.
- 3-tablespoons Cacao powder
- 1- tablespoon Mocha powder
- 2- tablespoons raw cacao nibs 1
- -teaspoon cinnamon 4-tablespoons coconut oil
- 2-tablespoons raw cashews
- 1-tablespoon raw honey
- 1-tablespoon hemp seed
- ½-teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½-teaspoon cayenne
- 1-teaspoon vanilla powder (not extract)
- 4 cups of liquid either water, coconut water, green tea and blend. (I prefer the coconut water).