At Acqualina, sustainability is ingrained in every aspect of our property. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and fostering a more eco-conscious future. From sourcing local food ingredients to implementing innovative waste reduction strategies and offering eco-friendly amenities, every decision we make is guided by our dedication to preserving the planet. We continually evolve, innovate, and inspire positive change in our community.
Premium filtered water is available in designated locations throughout the resort (Pool & Beach, Costa Grill, Il Mulino, Ke-uH, Pool and Beach Club Restrooms Area in front of AcquaMarine as well as the North Pool Restrooms Area).
- We have recycling bins in different locations, including the fitness center.
- We offer agave filtered, USDA certified, FDA approved and certified to degrade straws while still offering an elevated guest experience.
- We have sugarcane takeout containers made from renewable and reclaimed resources, agave cutlery, environmentally friendly take away bags, and biodegradable bamboo amenity cups.
- KOPU water is available in an eco-friendly bottle at Ke-uH, Costa Grill, and AQ Gelato & Coffee Bar. It is sourced from an artesian spring thousands of feet below the dormant volcanoes of Oregon’s Cascade Range.
- Recyclable earbuds are available at the Fitness Center.
- All public area restrooms offer reusable cloth washcloths to dry hands.
- We provide eco-friendly carton water not only in our guest rooms but also as a thoughtful amenity in our valet service, spa facilities and fitness center.
- iPads are located in every guestroom where guests can find digital newspapers, magazines, meditations and ebooks.
- Glass water bottles are available in all guestrooms.
- For dry cleaning and laundry, cotton bags are available and reusable.
- We offer KOPU water in an eco-friendly bottle in the private bar. It is sourced from an artesian spring thousands of feet below the dormant volcanoes of Oregon’s Cascade Range.
- When staying at Acqualina, you have an opportunity to participate in the resort’s Support Sustainability efforts and choose to forego daily linen changes and towel exchanges.
- Every guest room is equipped with designated recycling bins encouraging sustainable waste management practices.
- Our guest rooms showcase reusable bottles for bathroom amenities.
- We provide a convenient digital, paperless option for both your check-in and check-out processes.
- We offer a variety of EV car rental options.
- We have two charging stations at the resort.
Food & Beverage
Over 50% of our menu offerings are crafted from locally sourced ingredients, reflecting our dedication to supporting regional farmers and reducing food miles. We make mindful choices that prioritize freshness, quality and sustainability ensuring every dish served embodies our commitment to ethical and conscious dining.
A Natural Wonder
The South Florida region participates in one of the most beautiful seasonal cycles, the annual birth of wild sea turtles. Tiny, precious, and endlessly adorable, the turtle hatchlings emerge from the sand between April and October yearly as they gently make their way into the awaiting Atlantic. And Acqualina forms an ideal location to experience this magic firsthand. Some 600 unique turtle nesting sites can be found in the greater Miami metropolitan area – including a choice handful at Acqualina. Heavily protected by both local laws, the nests can contain hundreds of eggs from which the hatchlings emerge – most of which are native loggerhead turtles.
For guests eager to learn even more about these annual turtle rights-of-passage, please visit, The Sea Turtle Conservation of the City of Sunny Isles.
At Acqualina, we are deeply committed to the conservation of these magnificent creatures and actively engage in their protection through regular team training sessions dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of the sea turtles during their nesting season.