Frequently Asked Questions
Reminiscent of a Mediterranean villa with its leisure-focused lifestyle and grand design, Acqualina is South Florida’s only five-star hotel of its kind to be built completely open to the ocean, free of barriers between the 51-story tower, featuring 98-luxury rooms and 188 lavish residences, and its 400 feet of glistening Atlantic shoreline. Upon arrival at Acqualina Resort & Residences, guests of the 98 room retreat are immediately transported from a bustling cityscape as they enter through stately iron gates that usher upwards to a grand porte-cochere. Distinctive architectural features, such as Baroque fountains and sculpted archways, offer a calming sense of departure from the outside world.
What is Acqualina Resort?
Reminiscent of a Mediterranean villa with its leisure-focused lifestyle and grand design, Acqualina is South Florida’s only five-star hotel of its kind to be built completely open to the ocean, free of barriers between the 51-story tower, featuring 98 luxury rooms and 188 lavish residences along its 400 feet of glistening Atlantic shoreline. Upon arrival at Acqualina Resort & Residences, guests of the 98 room retreat are immediately transported from a bustling cityscape as they enter through stately iron gates that usher upwards to a grand porte-cochere. Distinctive architectural features, such as Baroque fountains and sculpted archways, offer a calming sense of departure from the outside world.
What do I need to know about Acqualina's COVID-19 response?
Acqualina Resort & Residence is committed to the safety of our guests and team, as well as helping to stop the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. As such, we have instituted enhanced cleaning protocols of both guest rooms and common areas (especially high-traffic and high-contact areas), enacted a mask policy for hotel traversal, installed multiple hand-sanitizer stations, and instituted a temperature check at guest check-in. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 information page.
What time is check-in and check-out at the hotel?
Guests may check in after 4pm. The check-out time is 12PM. Early check-in may be available on a case-by-case basis depending on availability. Please contact us if you would like to inquire about early arrival.
Are there any check-in procedures I should be aware of?
Changing facilities are available for early arrivals and late departures. Upon arrival, guests will need to verify their room reservation and a non-contact temperature check will be conducted. Every guest will receive a protective gear kit for their personal use containing two disposable masks, a bottle of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
What is the minimum age required for check-in?
The minimum check-in age is 21.
Is smoking allowed at the hotel?
Smoking is not allowed indoors.
Facilities & Services
How many on-property dining options are there at Acqualina?
Guests will find multiple options for drinks and dining at Acqualina. Our on-site bars and restaurants are:
- Il Mulino New York — Award-winning Italian restaurant with an energetic ambiance.
- Costa Grill — Beach-adjacent Mediterranean dining under the palms.
- AQ Coffee & Gelato — AQ Gelato & Coffee offers a variety of specialty coffee, superior quality gelato, custom-made pastries, homemade chocolate cookies, French Macaroons and more.
- Ke-uH — New restaurant addition. Enjoy creative Japanese fusion cuisine in an elegant and modern setting overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
- In Room Dining
How close is Acqualina to local airports?
Acqualina is convenient to both Miami International Airport (MIA) at approximately 20 miles, and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) at about 13 miles.
Does the hotel offer airport transfer?
Does the resort have a beach?
Yes. The resort is located on 4.5 beachfront acres with 400 ft. of stunning Atlantic Ocean coastline in pristine Sunny Isles Beach.
Does the resort have a spa?
Yes. Acqualina Spa by ESPA offers a full range of spa services on-property.
Does the resort have a pool?
Acqualina Resort has three pools on the main property and one dedicated pool in the Spa, for a total of four.
- The Beach Club pool is the perfect place for guests and residents of all ages to dive into a carefree day. Comfortable chaise lounges, friendly poolside food and beverage service, private cabanas, and sunny atmosphere all combine for another vibrant day at our Miami Beach Luxury Resort.
- The Recreational pool is the epicenter off fun pool games, activities , aqua fitness classes , and other diversions led by Acqualina Resort’s staff. As with other pool, private cabanas are available as is poolside food and beverage service.
- Adults Only pool exudes tranquility and outdoor relaxation. The adult only environment makes it ideal for uninterrupted sunbathing or even a quick catnap in the South Florida sun. Poolside food and beverage service and private cabanas complete the felling of lounging at your own Mediterranean villa.
- Spa pool After a relaxing spa treatment, immerse yourself in the private spa pool on the gorgeous spa terrace, overlooking the ocean.
What are some of the local attractions and activities nearby?
Acqualina is located on 4.5 beachfront acres with 400 feet of stunning Atlantic Ocean coastline in Sunny Isles Beach, Florida, situated between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, the beach resort is just minutes from the world famous shops of Bal Harbour and Aventura Mall. The vibrant daytime activities and nightlife of Miami Beach, South Beach, Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale are a short drive away. Nearby, guests can also enjoy fishing, boating, golfing, museums, art galleries, nature excursions, and much more. Visit our Local Activities page for more information.
Does Acqualina offer water sports equipment rentals?
Water sports activities can be arranged directly at Sunny Isles Beach Water Sports, a rental company located just north of Acqualina on the beachside (approx. 5 minutes walking distance). Available equipment rentals include: Jet Skis, stand-up paddle boards and more. Surf lessons are also available.
Note: Sunny Isles Beach Water Sports is a third party and not affiliated with Acqualina Resort and Residence on The Beach. Acqualina is not responsible nor liable for providing any such services, rentals or equipment and disclaims any representation or warranty, implied or otherwise, about the merchant ability, safety or fitness for use of any watersport equipment/rentals provided by SIB Water Sports. Rentals are available on a first-come, first reserve basis. Guests should contact SIB Water Sports for minimum age requirements, rules and regulations.
What facilities and services are available for children?
We are a family-friendly resort offering a variety of activities to our junior guests.
AcquaMarine - a unique marine experience found only at Acqualina Resort & Residences. Our youngest guests will delight in the wonder of our signature “Acqua-inspired” adventures. Activities are offered every day of the week, and each day offers a new theme to inspire an unforgettable Acqualina experience.
- The AcquaMarine program is available to our Miami Beach hotel guests on a complimentary basis.
- Available for families to reserve a 90-minute session with up to 5 childrenThree sessions Friday through Sunday: 10:00 am to 11:30 am, 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm. (by appointment only)
- A temperature check is required before participating in the AcquaMarine program.
- For more information or make your reservation, please call the concierge desk at 305.918.6860.
In addition to the AcquaMarine program we have a variety of on-property activities for children and families. Please visit our on-property activities page for more information.
Can I receive mail and packages at the hotel?
Yes. Please contact the front desk if you are expecting any deliveries, and we'll notify you when they arrive.
Are pets welcome at the hotel? What facilities and services are available for pets?
In accordance with local Government officials and (CDC) guidelines, until further notice no pets are allowed in any guest rooms at any hotel (other than a service animal as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act; i.e. "any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability").